Upon completing the program, scholar is under a (n+1) binding program with PT. Rio Tinto Indonesia , where n = the number of years receiving the scholarship grant. The scholar must apply their knowledge and contribute significantly to PT. Rio Tinto Indonesia for (n+1) year.
Application deadline is January 30, 2009.
Applicant must satisfy ALL of the following conditions:
- Indonesian citizen who is under 35 years of age when lodging the application.
- Hold a local Bachelor’s degree from any discipline with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale).
- Have a minimum of two-year full-time professional work experience after the completion of the undergraduate degree.
- Submit the required English language requirement (TOEFL/ IELTS) and the Graduate Admission Test as required by each program, after the applicant is selected as the scholarship finalists:
- International TOEFL with a minimum score of 577 (PBT) or 233 (CBT) or 90 (IBT), OR
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of minimum 6.5
- Adhere with the scholarship rules and regulations, particularly in the (n+1) binding program with PT. Rio Tinto Indonesia .
- Currently did not enroll in graduate or post-graduate program, or obtained a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Did not enroll or graduate from an overseas tertiary institution, unless was on a full scholarship.
- Do not receive other equivalent award or scholarship offering similar or other benefits at the time of the award.
- Demonstrate that without the scholarship, applicant is not able to afford an Overseas Graduate Program.
The scholarship’s worth is approximately AUD 68,000.- depending on the program’s fee, for the duration of study. This covers the following:
- Graduate Admission Test and TOEFL/ IELTS reimbursement, one time only, based on original invoice, for the test taken no more than 6 months prior to the scholarship application;
- University application fee;
- Student visa application fee;
- Return airfares from Jakarta to Sydney
- Tuition fees, for the duration of study;
- Living allowance, to support living costs during period of study;
- Literature allowance, to purchase textbooks required for study.
How to Apply?
Download the application package (application, reference and health information forms) at http://www.sampoernafoundation.org/content/view/1334/139/lang,en, or obtained it from:
Sampoerna Strategic Square
North Tower, 26th – 27th Floor
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kavling 45
When submitting the application package, please write “Rio Tinto-S2” at the top right hand corner of the envelope. Sampoerna Foundation will consider the completed applications and will notify the short-listed applicants to attend the continuing stages of the selection process.
Interested applicants who meet the requirements must complete and return the application package by the deadline (January 30, 2009) to Sampoerna Foundation office. E-mail applications will not be considered.
Prospective applicants are advised to directly contact the University of New South Wales (UNSW) directly or Australian Education Center (AEC) to find out about the admission process and requirements for an enrolment.
Applicants’ inquiries about the scholarship (requirements, conditions, coverage, etc.) should be directed to Sampoerna Foundation (62 21 5772340/ firstname.lastname@example.org).